Comcover has adopted a new 'blended learning' approach to its risk management and insurance education and professional development program. The blended learning approach is hosted on a cloud-based learning management system — The Comcover Learning Centre. Comcover can also facilitate entities in running their own in-house risk management training. Information regarding the Comcover Learning Centre and in-house training is available by accessing the links below.
Comcover has adopted a new blended learning approach to its risk management and insurance education and professional development program. The blended learning approach is hosted on a cloud-based learning management system, the Comcover Learning Centre. Comcover can also assist entities to run their own in-house risk management training. Information about the Learning Centre and in-house training is available by accessing the links below.
The Comcover Education Program consists of four learning pathways designed to increase risk management capability across the Commonwealth. The program aligns with the APSC 70:20:10 learning strategy—70% on-the-job learning, 20% relationship-based learning, and 10% formal learning. Some of the key features of the program are eLearning, face-to-face training, access to reference material, and networking.
Comcover targets four levels of desired capability for Australian Public Service officials:
- Foundation level: all Commonwealth officials, regardless of level or role, are required to understand basic risk management concepts and how risk is managed in the Commonwealth.
- Generalist level: Commonwealth officials, regardless of level, whose role requires them to engage with and apply their entity's risk management framework to successfully deliver outcomes. Generalists engage with risk at the activity level and have attained Foundation level capability.
- Specialist level: job role specialists who are required to design, implement and embed an entity's risk management framework. Specialists facilitate generalists and executives to fulfil their risk management responsibilities. Specialists have attained Generalist level capability.
- SES Professional Development Program: Senior Executive Service officials whose role requires them to identify and determine the acceptable levels of risk that are appropriate to their entity's profile, allocate concomitant resources and lead the adoption of risk management policies, strategies and best practices. Executives have attained Generalist level capability.
- Foundation pathway flyer
- Generalist pathway flyer
- SES risk management program flyer
- Specialist pathway flyer.
For more information about Comcover's risk management and insurance education program, please contact Comcover on 1800 651 540 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comcover Learning Centre
The Comcover Learning Centre is the central entry point to access Comcover’s Education Program. The Learning Centre provides access to online courses as well as registration for Comcover’s face-to-face training and events.
The Learning Centre is a cloud-based learning management system that provides access to a range of learning activities and educational resources. This approach recognises that entities have diverse needs and requirements when building their risk management knowledge and capability.
The Learning Centre was developed in partnership with Major Training Services and software developer Janison Learning and Assessment Solutions (Janison). During the development process Comcover took steps to implement feedback received that training should be tailored to individual entity needs and easy to access, regardless of location.
The Learning Centre is available to all Comcover Fund Members.
Learning Centre services
This is the central point to find information and register for all Comcover face-to-face courses.
Users can register for Comcover-hosted learning and networking events through the Learning Centre.
eLearning courses can be undertaken online through the Learning Centre.
A convenient one-stop resource library to access a range of materials about the Commonwealth Risk Management Policy, case studies and better practice guides.
How to get started
It's easy to access the services available through the Comcover Learning Centre by registering online.
2019 Comcover Education Program Workshop Calendar
Practical Risk Management
Embedding Risk Management
A Strategic Perspective to Managing Risk
|18 and 19 November|
Access to the education services under the Comcover Members Services contract
Comcover has contracted with expert providers to develop and deliver face-to-face and eLearning courses. Our partners Major Training Services, Future Train and Janison are available to entities through Comcover's contract arrangements. While entities have to meet the costs of engaging a training consultant to deliver in-house risk management training, the service providers under the contract can use Comcover approved content and will be able to tailor and enhance this content to include entity specific processes and case studies.
If your entity is interested in accessing these services, please contact Comcover for more information on 1800 651 540 or email email@example.com.