This guide will support officials in Commonwealth entities (non-corporate and corporate Commonwealth entities) who are preparing entity financial statements in compliance with the:
- will assist officials with existing knowledge of FRR and AAS requirements and/or is to be read in conjunction with the FRR and AAS. It is not a training tool and does not give ‘step-by-step’ guidance for preparing financial statements
- provides general information to support the preparation of annual financial statements (for example definitions, rounding and materiality policies) and explains accounting treatments required by the FRR, including where the AAS allows choice of accounting treatments
- provides relevant references to the FRR that should be read together with the supporting guidance
- aligns with the Department of Finance (Finance) Primary Reporting and Information Management Aid forms of financial statements (PRIMA forms), which assists entities in preparing financial statements
Entities need to apply professional judgement in preparing annual financial statements, to:
- ensure the FRR and AAS are correctly applied for their entity’s classification and unique circumstances
- present fairly the entity’s financial position, financial performance and cash flows.
Related resources including appendices, glossary terms and relevant sections of the PGPA Act and Rule are located in the right hand menu bar. Appendices are available under right hand menu bar.
Appendix A: Prompts to user-focused presentation
Appendix B: Disclosure of trust moneys
Appendix C: Disclosure of capital budget funding