Fund Members have access to overseas medical, travel and security assistance services as part of their insurance arrangements with Comcover. The current service provider is International SOS.
The services available to Fund Members include:
This support from both medical and security experts can be accessed at the planning stages of a trip, through to emergency situations abroad.
Effective preparation before a trip is key to managing any risks that Comcover Fund Members may face abroad.
Members can call International SOS for assistance or log onto the members-only website to access essential medical, personal safety and travel information on countries around the world.
Members have access to:
- medical and health consultation, advice and briefings specific to their needs and destinations;
- medical, security and travel information for 227 countries including advisories, situation updates and destination guides;
- regular alerts on medical risks, security threats and travel disruption by country – published online and by email. These explain the direct and indirect implications of an incident and provide actionable advice to keep your employees safe.
While members are living or travelling abroad, they have access to 24-hour, up-to-date information, expert advice and reassurance from medical and security experts. This includes:
- the provision of routine medical and security advice;
- help with their travel plans – for instance, providing referrals and information on how to get a new passport or where to get vaccinations or referrals to a lawyer or interpreter;
- medical and dental case management and referrals to reputable organisations that form part of International SOS’s network of credentialed providers;
- a guarantee of medical fees and expenses as well as the payment of all costs associated with outpatient medical care, with Comcover approval; and
- in certain circumstances, prescription medication and medical equipment that is not available locally.
Help in an emergency
In an emergency, International SOS provides practical and effective support.
International SOS can:
- provide emergency medical and security advice;
- arrange an ambulance and transport to the nearest hospital or clinic;
- arrange emergency medical evacuation or repatriation, with medical escort if required, to a suitable medical facility. International SOS has exclusive access to dedicated ambulances, air ambulances and portable medical equipment that converts any aircraft into an intensive care unit.
Additional services that Fund Members are able to access include:
- TravelTracker – An online tool for the tracking of travellers and expatriates.
Please contact your Relationship Manager on 1800 651 540 (and select Option 3) if you would like to discuss obtaining access to TravelTracker. If you would like more information on the TravelTracker tool, please contact International SOS at OMTA@internationalsos.com.
Current Travel Advice
For current up-to-date travel advice please visit the International SOS website.
Ongoing Information and Advice - Travel Security - Headlines.
Webinars and eLearning courses - services available before travel, during travel and in an emergency.
Details of upcoming webinars and relevant eLearning courses are available on the Comcover member portal of the International website. If you would like more information on webinars and eLearning courses, please contact International SOS at OMTA@internationalsos.com.