Who are we?
COMCAR is part of the Department of Finance, an Australian Government agency, which provides high quality, secure and confidential car-with-driver and other ground transport services to the Governor‑General, Prime Minister, parliamentarians, members of the Federal Judiciary and other high office holders.
COMCAR also provides ground transport and associated support services to visiting Guests of Government such as Royalty, Heads of State, Heads of Government and other foreign dignitaries.
COMCAR has delivered services for major events including:
- Sydney Olympic Games (2000)
- Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum (2007)
- Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (2011)
- Group of Twenty (G20) Meetings (2013/2014)
- Gold Coast Commonwealth Games (2018)
A small contingency of our drivers are located in Hobart and Darwin.
What does a COMCAR driver do?
Our COMCAR drivers:
- provide car-with-driver service as directed, in a safe, courteous and efficient manner to all COMCAR clients.
- maintain a professional appearance at all times, including between driving duties.
- carry luggage, open vehicle doors and assist passengers as required.
- proactively maintain the vehicles cleanliness to ensure a high level of presentation to all clients.
- observe confidentiality protocols, discretion and business policies and procedures, including maintenance of accurate documentation.
- carry out vehicle cleaning, administrative and ad hoc depot duties as required.