The CCS is a document creation website for Government procurement officials:
- CCS User Login / Create Account
- Frequently Asked Questions
- CCS Terms – view the Terms without logging in to the CCS website.
The CCS (for procurement under $1 million) streamlines and simplifies procurement processes. It was designed to be consistent with the Treasury Legislation Amendment (Small Business and Unfair Contract Terms) Act 2015, and creates uniformity across Commonwealth contracts to reduce the burden on businesses contracting with the Commonwealth Government.
The CCS is mandatory under $200,000 for all non-corporate Commonwealth entities except for specific situations as outlined in Resource Management Guide No. 420 – Mandatory use of the Commonwealth Contracting Suite for procurement under $200,000. Corporate Commonwealth entities are encouraged to use best endeavours to apply the policy.
The mandatory components of the CCS are:
- the Approach to Market (ATM) (incorporating the Glossary, the Commonwealth ATM Terms and the Response to the ATM); and
- the Commonwealth Contract (incorporating the Glossary, and the Commonwealth Contract Terms).
The ATM and the Commonwealth Contract documentation are available via online smart–forms, refer to CCS Links above. Any Additional Contract Terms (included in an ATM) can be negotiated, any costs you incur for negotiation should form part of your value for money assessment.
To ensure official documentation is tailored to your specific procurement it is important to generate new documents by use of the smart–forms for each new procurement activity undertaken.
The CCS also incorporates a range of non-mandatory smart–forms.
The Decision Tree smart-form includes relevant policy and process considerations in the correct order of precedence to assess if the CCS is right for your procurement.
The following components cannot be changed and are non-negotiable:
- Commonwealth Approach to Market Terms
- Commonwealth Contract Terms
- Commonwealth Purchase Order Terms
- Commonwealth Contracting Suite Glossary
- Commonwealth Deed of Standing Offer Approach to Market Terms
- Commonwealth Deed of Standing Offer Terms
- Commonwealth Deed of Standing Offer Glossary
The documents provided below are samples of a Commonwealth Contracting Suite Approach to Market and Contract. These documents are provided for information purposes only and should not be used as templates.
Commonwealth procurement officials: To ensure procurement documentation is tailored to your specific procurement and fit-for-purpose, you should use the CCS smart-forms to generate new documents for each procurement. The smart form provides many option and considerations which will vary the final document produced.
Suppliers: You do not need to log in to the CCS to compete for Government business. The Commonwealth entity will provide you with all the documentation that you require to submit an offer. All open business opportunities are advertised on AusTender.
Record of Changes
- Change Record November 2020
- Change Record January 2020
- Change Record September 2019
- Change Record August 2019
- Change Record July 2019
- Change Record April 2019
- Change Record July 2018
Send queries and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY NC ND 4.0 INT).