The CCS (for procurement under $1 million) is a document creation website for Government Officials. It was designed to be consistent with the Treasury Legislation Amendment (Small Business and Unfair Contract Terms) Act 2015, and to create uniformity across Commonwealth contracts reducing the burden on suppliers contracting with the Commonwealth Government.
You do not need to log in to the CCS to compete for Government business. The Commonwealth entity will provide you with all the documentation that you will require to submit a response. All open business opportunities are advertised on AusTender.
You can access more information or download copies of the CCS Terms and Change Records by using the links below.
- Log in or Create an Account
- Frequently Asked Questions
- CCS Terms
- Change Records
- Sample Documents
- Contact Us
The CCS is mandatory for procurements under $200,000 by all non-corporate Commonwealth entities except in specific situations as outlined in the Resource Management Guide No. 420 – Mandatory use of the Commonwealth Contracting Suite for procurement under $200,000. Corporate Commonwealth entities are encouraged to use best endeavours to apply the policy.
The mandatory components of the CCS are:
- the Approach to Market (ATM) (incorporating the Glossary, the Commonwealth ATM Terms and the Response to the ATM); and
- the Commonwealth Contract (incorporating the Glossary, and the Commonwealth Contract Terms).
The ATM and the Commonwealth Contract documentation are available via online smart–forms, accessed using the CCS Links above. Any Additional Contract Terms (included in an ATM) can be negotiated and any costs you incur during negotiation should form part of your value for money assessment.
To ensure official documentation is tailored to your specific procurement, it is important to generate new documents using the smart–forms for each new procurement activity undertaken.
The CCS also includes a range of non-mandatory smart–forms.
The Decision Tree smart-form includes relevant policy and process considerations in the correct order of precedence to assess if the CCS is right for your procurement.
The following components cannot be changed and are non-negotiable:
- Commonwealth Approach to Market Terms
- Commonwealth Contract Terms
- Commonwealth Purchase Order Terms
- Commonwealth Deed of Standing Offer Approach to Market Terms
- Commonwealth Deed of Standing Offer Terms
- Commonwealth Glossary and Interpretation
The documents below are samples of a CCS Approach to Market and Commonwealth Contract. These documents are provided for information purposes only and should not be used as templates.
Records of Change
- Change Record July 2023
- Change Record May 2023
- Change Record September 2022
- Change Record July 2022
- Change Record November 2020
- Change Record January 2020
- Change Record September 2019
- Change Record August 2019
- Change Record July 2019
- Change Record April 2019
- Change Record July 2018
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY NC ND 4.0 INT).