CCS Deed of Standing Offer
The CCS Team is pleased to announce that the CCS Deed of Standing Offer (DoSO) templates are now available. When you next log in to the system you will be able to access the Deed of Standing Offer online form. You will also be able to download a PowerPoint presentation and sample pack of documents which will assist you to become familiar with the new online form and documentation.
We are looking to work with entities in use of the templates to ensure that entities are supported through the new process. Please email the CCS Team on firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
The CCS (for procurement under $1 million) streamlines and simplifies procurement processes. It was designed to be consistent with the Treasury Legislation Amendment (Small Business and Unfair Contract Terms) Act 2015, and creates uniformity across Commonwealth contracts to reduce the burden on businesses contracting with the Commonwealth Government.
The CCS is mandatory under $200,000 for all non-corporate Commonwealth entities except for specific situations as outlined in Resource Management Guide No. 420 – Mandatory use of the Commonwealth Contracting Suite for procurement under $200,000. Corporate Commonwealth entities are encouraged to use best endeavours to apply the policy.
The mandatory components of the CCS are:
- the Approach to Market (ATM) (incorporating the Glossary, the Commonwealth ATM Terms and the Response to the ATM); and
- the Commonwealth Contract (incorporating the Glossary, and the Commonwealth Contract Terms).
The ATM and the Commonwealth Contract documentation are available via online smart–forms, refer to CCS Links above. Any Additional Contract Terms (included in an ATM) can be negotiated, any costs you incur for negotiation should form part of your value for money assessment.
To ensure official documentation is tailored to your specific procurement it is important to generate new documents by use of the smart–forms for each new procurement activity undertaken.
The CCS also incorporates a range of non-mandatory smart–forms.
The Decision Tree smart–form includes relevant policy and process considerations in the correct order of precedence to ensure you are using the CCS appropriately.
The following components cannot be changed and are non-negotiable:
- Commonwealth Approach to Market Terms (95 KB)
- Commonwealth Contract Terms (164 KB)
- Commonwealth Purchase Order Terms (156 KB)
- Commonwealth Contracting Suite Glossary (89 KB)
- Commonwealth Deed of Standing Offer Approach to Market Terms (134 KB)
- Commonwealth Deed of Standing Offer Terms (216 KB)
- Commonwealth Deed of Standing Offer Glossary (144 KB)
To assist parties to understand their key rights and responsibilities under the Contract, the highlighted version of the Commonwealth Contract Terms offers a visual representation of a supplier's obligations and benefits. This document is not intended to replace appropriate professional advice.
Record of Changes
- Change Record September 2019 (495 KB)
- Change Record August 2019 (308 KB)
- Change Record July 2019 (631 KB)
- Change Record April 2019 (605 KB)
- Change Record July 2018 (217 KB)
Send queries and comments to email@example.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY NC ND 4.0 INT).