Bankable money

Relevant money received by an official of a Commonwealth entity or a minister that can be deposited in banks in Australia, or in the place where the money was received. Bankable money must be deposited in a bank account in accordance with the PGPA Rule and the entity's internal controls.

A minister in possession of bankable money (other than money related to the minister's official duties) must give that money to an official of a non‑corporate Commonwealth entity (usually the relevant department of state) as soon as is practicable.

Did you find this content useful?