The Commonwealth Resource Management Framework underpins the appropriation, expenditure and the management of money and resources within the Australian Government. The Resource Management Framework is a principle based framework based on the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 (PGPA Act), supported by rules and guidance.
The Resource Management Framework is an important feature of an accountable and transparent public sector and informs the Australian people of the daily work of Australian Government entities, accountable authorities and their employees.
The Resource Management Framework is structured around six topics that are listed below which are: Planning & Performance; Managing Risk and Internal Accountability; Managing Money; Using Money; Managing Property; and Working with others.
- Approving commitments of relevant money
- Commonwealth Grant Rules and Guidelines
- Contingent liabilities: indemnities, guarantees, warranties
- Discretionary financial assistance
- Commonwealth Procurement Rules 2014
- Classification of Payments to other levels of government for specific purposes and Commonwealth Own-Purpose Expenses