News & Events
- Department of Finance and Deregulation Capability Review Report released
On Monday 2 December, following the tabling of the 2013 State of the Service Report in Parliament, the Department of Finance and Deregulation Capability Review Report is now available on the Australian Public Service Commission’s website.
- Updated delegation of powers and functions under FMA legislation
Under the Financial Management and Accountability Act 1997 (FMA Act) and Financial Management and Accountability Regulations 1997 (FMA Regulations), a number of the powers and functions of the Finance Minister have been delegated to agency Chief Executives.
- Statement on costings by the Department of the Treasury and the Department of Finance and Deregulation
There have been a series of reports today regarding costings undertaken by the Department of the Treasury and the Department of Finance and Deregulation.
- Commonwealth Low-Risk Grant Agreement Template
Finance is working with stakeholders to develop a whole-of-government grant agreement template, to be used by agencies when entering into low-risk grants. The template seeks to improve and streamline grant agreements between the Australian Government and grant recipients, particularly the not-for-profit sector. Finance is currently working with agencies piloting and using the template. Any FMA Act agencies with a low-risk grant program interested in taking part in piloting should email Finance at email@example.com.
- Comcover Awards for Excellence winners announced
The winners of the 2012 Comcover Awards for Excellence in Risk Management received their Awards during an Executive Breakfast presentation ceremony at the Hyatt Hotel Canberra on Wednesday 21 August 2013.
- Direction from the Special Minister of State regarding government advertising(09/08/13)
Consistent with the attached direction from the Special Minister of State and Minister for the Public Service and Integrity to recommence the advertising campaigns listed at Attachment A of his letter to the Secretary of 9 August (below), the Department of Finance and Deregulation is complying with this direction.
- Release of the Pre-election Economic and Fiscal Outlook (PEFO) (08/08/13)
Consistent with the requirements of the Charter of Budget Honesty Act 1998, the Departments of the Treasury (Treasury) and Finance and Deregulation (Finance) plan to release the Pre-Election Economic and Fiscal Outlook (PEFO) on Tuesday 13 August 2013.
- Updated Commonwealth Grant Guidelines (03/06/13)
The updated Commonwealth Grant Guidelines took effect on 1 June 2013.
- Establishment of the Assurance Reviewer Services Multi Use List (7/05/2013)
The Department of Finance and Deregulation (Finance) has established the Australian Government Assurance Reviewer Services Multi Use List (MUL) to prequalify applicants to participate in the Australian Government Assurance Review Process (e.g. Gateway reviews and Implementation Readiness Assessments).
- DesignGov needs you! (30/04/2013)
DesignGov wants to hear from you – your ideas on how to improve interaction with businesses.
- Australian Government Boards  (16/04/2013)
The Government has launched a one-stop website portal to provide information on Australian Government boards.
Australian Government Monthly Financial Statements September 2013 (8/11/2013)
The underlying cash balance for the 2013-14 financial year to 30 September 2013 was a deficit of $22,929 million.
- Updated Flipchart of FMA Act and CAC Act Bodies (07/11/2013)
The flipchart has been updated: AusAID has been abolished, previously an executive agency; The Insolvency and Trustee Service Australia has been renamed the Australian Financial Security Authority; The Sugar Research and Development Corporation has ceased.
- Department of Finance 2012-2013 Annual Report (29/10/2013)
The Department of Finance 2012-2013 Annual Report was tabled in Parliament today.
- Australian Government Monthly Financial Statements July & August 2013 (11/10/2013)
The underlying cash balance for the 2013-14 financial year to 31 August 2013 was a deficit of $10,563 million. The fiscal balance for the 2013-14 financial year to 31 August 2013 was a deficit of $5,719 million.
- The Flexible and Efficient Workplace Design Guidance (13/09/2013)
The Flexible and Efficient Workplace Design Guidance is a non-mandatory better practice guide designed to assist Commonwealth agencies in achieving an efficient, effective and well designed workplace. It provides practical advice on designing workspace to support agency goals and to assist in meeting the Australian government occupational density target. Different workspace options canvassed in the guidance will assist agencies in planning for changes such as Machinery of Government changes.
- Parliamentarians' Entitlements (1/7/2013)
- Parliamentarians' Expenditure on Entitlements paid by the Department of Finance and Deregulation, Period 1 July to 31 December 2012;
- Former Parliamentarians' Expenditure on Entitlements paid by the Department of Finance and Deregulation, Period 1 July to 31 December 2012; and
- Parliamentarians' Overseas Study Travel Reports, Period 1 July to 31 December 2012.
- Financial Management and Budget (FMB) Training Program (17/6/13)
The FMB training program provides an introduction to the Australian Government’s financial framework, which is relevant for anyone working in an Australian Government entity.