On 1 July 2014 a new resource management framework for all Commonwealth entities commenced when the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 replaced the FMA and CAC Acts.
News & Events
- Enhancing the Commonwealth Performance Framework – Draft Rules and Guidance
Public consultation on draft guidance material, together with a proposed amendment to the PGPA Rule to establish the new requirements for the corporate plans and annual performance statements, closed on 30 January 2015. Finance is now collating this feedback and preparing an updated version of the performance framework to be included in the next submission to the Joint Committee of Public Accounts and Audit.
- Australian Government Organisations Register (AGOR)
The searchable Register provides information on the function, composition, origins and other details of approximately 1,200 Australian Government bodies. The Register replaces the List of Government Bodies and Governance Relationships, which was last published in 2009.
- Efficiency through Contestability Programme webpages
Through the Contestability Programme, the Australian Government is assessing its functions to determine if performance can be improved through alternative structures, processes or provider arrangements. Contestability encourages Commonwealth entities to adopt a more commercial mindset and seek ways of improving the performance of existing or proposed government functions.
- Mid-year Economic and Fiscal Outlook 2014-15
- New Government Travel Management Services Provider
The Department of Finance on behalf of the Commonwealth, has entered into a Deed with QBT Pty Ltd for the provision of travel management services for the Australian Government. Further information is provided in the media release on the Minister for Finance website.
- Final Budget Outcome 2013-14
- 2014-15 Budget measure: Administered Programme Indexation Pause
The 2014-15 Budget includes a measure to pause the indexation of 112 programmes for three years, commencing from 1 July 2014 or 1 July 2015 depending on the circumstances of the individual programme.
- Announcement - Whole-of-Government Advertising Tender
Finance is pleased to announce that Mitchell & Partners Australia Pty Ltd has been appointed as the Australian Government's master media agency for an initial period of four years from 1 July 2014.
- Commonwealth Low-Risk Grant Agreement Template
As part of the Australian Government's initiative to reduce red tape, the Department of Finance (Finance) has developed a whole-of-government grant agreement template, which should be used by agencies when entering into low-risk grants. The low-risk grant agreement template includes a standard set of just 20 terms and conditions (covered in two-pages). It seeks to improve and streamline low-risk grant arrangements by promoting consistency in grant agreements across government entities.
- Seeking proposals for joint private-public projects using big data
We are seeking proposals for projects that would increase the efficiency of government services or deliver service improvements. Proposals will initially be assessed on feasibility. Those that are feasible will be assessed on innovative use of data, benefit to the community and return on investment.
- Australian Government Grants News
Grants News is a Finance quarterly publication informing agencies about key activities involving Commonwealth grants administration.
- Updated RMG No. 405: Approval and Use of the Best Fare of the Day (27/02/2015)
The approval processes for international travel have changed. RMG No. 405: Approval and Use of the Best Fare of the Day has been released to reflect these changes. The updated RMG and related Frequently Asked Questions are available on the Travel Arrangements web pages on the Finance Web site.
- Australian Government Monthly Financial Statements January 2015 (27/02/2015)
The underlying cash balance for the 2014-15 financial year to 31 January 2015 was a deficit of $38,733 million.
- Flipchart - Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 (3/02/2014)
The PGPA Flipchart has been updated as at 1 February 2015.
- Australian Government Monthly Financial Statements December 2014 (30/01/2015)
The underlying cash balance for the 2014-15 financial year to 31 December 2014 was a deficit of $31,366 million.
- Australian Government Monthly Financial Statements November 2014 (19/12/2014)
The underlying cash balance for the 2014-15 financial year to 30 November 2014 was a deficit of $24,782 million.
- Gatekeeper Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Framework
The Department of Finance is seeking comments from interested stakeholders and organisations on the draft 2014 Gatekeeper Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Framework. Submissions for this consultation are now open and close on 27 March 2015.
- Consolidated Financial Statements for the year ended 30 June 2014
The Consolidated Financial Statements for the Australian Government for the year ended 30 June 2014 have been released by the Minister for Finance.
- Australian Government Monthly Financial Statements October 2014 (05/12/2014)
The underlying cash balance for the 2014-15 financial year to 31 October 2014 was a deficit of $22,334 million.
- Parliamentarians' Entitlements Reporting (4/12/2014)
- Parliamentarians' Expenditure on Entitlements Paid by the Department of Finance, Period 1 January to 30 June 2014
- Former Parliamentarians' Expenditure on Entitlements Paid by the Department of Finance, Period 1 January to 30 June 2014
- Parliamentarians' Overseas Study Travel Reports, Period 1 January to 30 June 2014
- Australian Government Monthly Financial Statements September 2014 (24/10/2014)
The underlying cash balance for the 2014-15 financial year to 30 September 2014 was a deficit of $19,163 million.
- Australian Government Monthly Financial Statements July and August 2014 (10/10/2014)
The underlying cash balance for the 2014-15 financial year to 31 August 2014 was a deficit of $12,327 million.
- Indigenous communications research (3/10/2014)
Research reports from both quantitative and qualitative research into the media consumption and communication preferences of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander audiences.
- Australian Government Cost Recovery Guidelines (30/07/2014)
The revised cost recovery framework came into effect from 1 July 2014. The revised Australian Government Cost Recovery Guidelines are now available to assist Commonwealth entities in planning and implementing cost recovered activities.
- Flipchart - Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 (1/07/2014)
A new Flipchart is available that shows the Commonwealth entities and companies that are subject to the PGPA Act.
- Australian Government Monthly Financial Statements May 2014 (27/06/2014)
The underlying cash balance for the 2013-14 financial year to 31 May 2014 was a deficit of $37,747 million.
- Australian Government Monthly Financial Statements April 2014 (30/05/2014)
The underlying cash balance for the 2013-14 financial year to 30 April 2014 was a deficit of $31,454 million.