The Central Budget Management System (CBMS)
The Central Budget Management System (CBMS) is the system used to manage the flow of financial information between Finance and Commonwealth Government agencies to facilitate cash and appropriation management, the preparation of budget documentation and financial reporting.
CBMS is comprised of the following modules:
- Appropriation and Cash Management (ACM)
- Budget Estimates and Actuals Management (BEAM), which has these components:
- Annual Estimates
- Monthly Estimates
- Monthly Reporting
- Annual Reporting
- Budget Policy and Coordination Database (BPCD)
CBMS Redevelopment Project
The Government announced in the 2010-11 Budget that it will comprehensively redevelop the CBMS. This redevelopment is currently in progress.
Read more about the CBMS Redevelopment.
CBMS Training and Support
Training courses for the CBMS are scheduled according to the budget process timetable and user demand. Details of training courses scheduled are emailed to all users on a monthly basis.
- Phone: (02) 6215 2205
- Fax: (02) 6267 3567
- E-mail: CBMSTrainingTeam@finance.gov.au
The CBMS Service Desk provides a single point of contact for CBMS support matters, including user access, incident management, and usage assistance.
- Phone: (02) 6215 3535
- Fax: (02) 6267 3444
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Hours: 8.00am - 5.00pm, Monday - Friday, except ACT public Holidays