DOFA is committed to becoming a high performance organisation.
To achieve this vision, DOFA strives for continuous improvement,
underpinned by four core values:
- our Ministers are our customers - they are always our first
priority and we aim to exceed their expectations in the services
that we provide
- performance driven - we are motivated by a desire to excel;
we aim to be the best in our field of providing advice and services
- responsive, adaptable and open to change - we are prepared to
innovate, create and challenge the status quo
- absolute integrity and the highest ethical standards - we are
open and honest in our dealings with one another. We do not cut
corners on ethics or compromise our integrity.
Management behaviours are essential in setting a model for staff.
Criteria applied in selection, performance assessment, development
and promotion must be absolutely consistent. DOFA has identified
five key behaviours that flow directly from DOFAs values:
- a desire to make a difference or a will to win
- the ability to learn
- people management
- expertise in a particular field.
These behaviours are applied at all levels, throughout DOFA, and
in all aspects of human resource management.