Data Carriage Service facilitates the transmission of data over a dedicated communication network to connect geographically diverse locations. Secured government information is carried across a nation-wide network. GNSB currently carries data for 15 government agencies around Australia.
The data carriage service allows departments and agencies to administer their own network routing and data integrity. Service features include:
- a metropolitan area network connecting government offices around the ACT
- a wide area network (WAN) providing connectivity from Canberra to a number of selected interstate sites
- access speeds across the WAN vary depending on client requirements
- provision of an unsecured link allowing entities to:
- manage their own data encryption
- establish routing connectivity between sites
- use their preferred IP addressing schema.
Additional services and/or link and network redundancy can be provided on request.