The Commonwealth Department of Finance cleared Block 3 Section 22 Barton, ACT of all vegetation in preparation for the land to be sold for a mixed development opportunity.
This action was subject to a referral application approved by the Department of the Environment and Energy (EPBC 2017/8028 refers) on 21 February 2019, which stipulates several conditions.
Golden Sun Moth Archival Record
Pursuant to condition 6 the Department of Finance engaged environmental consultants Umwelt Australia to undertake an archival record of Golden Sun Moth (GSM) research undertaken at the site, and a scientific review of this research.
- GSM Archival Record - Main Report [6.4 MB]
- GSM Archival Record - Reference 1-10 [58 MB]
- GSM Archival Record - Reference 11-20 [20 MB]
- GSM Archival Record - Reference 21-30 [28 MB]
- GSM Archival Record - Reference 31-40 [19 MB]
- GSM Archival Record - Reference 41-50 [15 MB]
- GSM Archival Record - Reference 51-59 [60 MB]
Golden Sun Moth Research Plan
Pursuant to condition 7 the Department of Finance has engaged the ACT Government’s Parks and Conservation Service to prepare and implement a Golden Sun Moth (GSM) Research Plan.
- GSM Research Plan [2.2 MB]
The GSM Research Plan intends to bridge gaps in scientific understanding of active restoration of natural temperate grasslands, a habitat of GSM. The research plan involves two components:
- factors influencing local scale habitat use; and
- experimental restoration of Chilean Needle Grass dominated grassland.
The GSM Research Plan addresses five research priorities identified in the Conservation Advice for Synemon plana.