The Commonwealth Awards for Excellence in Risk Management (the Awards) raise awareness of the significance of risk management across the Commonwealth by highlighting best practice risk management and rewarding entities that exhibit excellence in risk management thinking and practice.
Benefits of participating
Award recipients and their entities are recognised at an Awards event at the end of each year. The benefits of participating in the Awards include:
- the opportunity to showcase the approach to risk management in your entity;
- peer recognition of your commitment to risk management; and
- the opportunity to receive valuable feedback from a panel of judges.
Award nominations inform the Comcover education program and facilitate continuous improvement in Commonwealth risk management practice.
The Awards are open to all Commonwealth entities. Entities can nominate in one or more of the following award categories:
- Enterprise-Wide: for excellence in developing, implementing and/or embedding an entity’s risk management frameworks, practices and/or processes.
- Risk Initiative: for excellence in risk management demonstrated by a specific program, project or service delivery initiative.
- Risk in Focus: each year the Risk in Focus category focuses on a different area of risk management.
Nominations for the 2024 Awards will open mid-2024.
If you have any questions or require further information, please contact us on 1800 651 540 (option 4) or e-mail RiskAwards@finance.gov.au.
Previous Award Winners
Profiles and case studies of Award winners are available at the links below: