What is COMCAR looking for in its drivers?
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work flexible hours, including early mornings, late evenings, weekends and public holidays
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- High level of confidentiality and integrity
- Discretion and professionalism
- Self motivated with a positive attitude
- Highly competent driving skills including local geographical knowledge.
What does a COMCAR driver role involve?
Our COMCAR drivers are responsible for:
- providing car-with-driver services as directed, in a safe, courteous and efficient manner to all COMCAR clients
- maintaining a professional appearance at all times, including between driving duties
- carrying luggage, opening vehicle doors and assisting passengers as required
- proactively maintaining the vehicles cleanliness to ensure a high level of presentation to all clients
- observing confidentiality protocols, discretion and business policies and procedures, including maintenance of accurate documentation
- carrying out vehicle cleaning, administrative and ad hoc depot duties as required.
Are the hours flexible?
COMCAR requires drivers for ad-hoc work including early morning, late evening, weekends and public holidays, as well as during normal business hours.
Depending on individual circumstances, certain days of the week or flexible hours may be offered, to fit in with childcare or school hours.
- In Canberra, COMCAR operates AM and PM shifts to cover parliamentary sitting patterns. Therefore, recruitment in Canberra is tailored to meet deficiencies in driver numbers on either AM or PM shifts.
- There are no guaranteed hours, but minimum periods of duty apply.
Will I receive driver training?
Within the first 6 months with COMCAR, new drivers will undertake Advance Driver Training. Drivers are required to participate in COMCAR’s defensive driving training programs at regular intervals.