About the Funds and Superannuation Branch
The Funds and Superannuation Branch is part of the Governance and Resource Management Group. We support the Minister for Finance, with his responsibilities for superannuation for Australian Government employees, former Governors-General, retired Commonwealth judicial members and Commonwealth parliamentarians.
We advise the Minister on policy and financial management issues relating to the Public Sector Superannuation Accumulation Plan (PSSAP), Public Sector Superannuation Scheme (PSS), the Commonwealth Superannuation Scheme (CSS), the Judges' Pensions Scheme, the Governors-General Pension Scheme, superannuation arrangements for Judges of the Federal Circuit Court of Australia and the Parliamentary Contributory Superannuation Scheme.
Some of our other activities include:
- providing policy advice on, and developing legislative changes to, Australian Government superannuation arrangements;
- preparing PSS and CSS estimates for the Australian Government Budget;
- monitoring the costs of schemes for advice to Government;
- administering superannuation for former Governors-General, retired Commonwealth judicial members and Commonwealth parliamentarians;
- coordinating the framework for superannuation arrangements for Australian Government employees who are not members of the PSS or CSS; and
- managing the employer agency payments framework (notional employer contributions, additional lump sum payments and charges for actuarial services).
The PSSAP , the PSS  and the CSS  are administered by Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation (CSC)  (formerly the Australian Reward Investment Alliance). ComSuper  provides administration services to CSC.
Last updated: 30 September 2015