Finance has developed and delivers (or supports the delivery of) the following training programs and products:
- Resource management training
- Central Budget Management System (CBMS) training
- Procurement training
- Risk management training
Commonwealth Resource Management (CRM) eLearning Program
The CRM eLearning Program is being developed to help officials understand and comply with the new PGPA Act framework. The core program will consist of four core eLearning modules:
- Introduction to the PGPA Act (now available)
- Download for use on entity intranet (HTML) or LMS (SCORM 1.2 and SCORM 2004 compliant)
- Download alternative versions
- Spending relevant money (coming soon)
- Duties of officials (coming soon)
- Duties of accountable authorities (coming soon).
The modules will have a staggered release as they are developed and further specialist modules will follow the release of the core program.
Resource Management and Budget (RMB) training program
The Resource Management and Budget (RMB) training program provides an introduction to the Commonwealth's resource management framework. The RMB training program is relevant to anyone working in a Commonwealth entity who is responsible for using or management of public resources. Finance has established a panel of training providers who can assist entities to tailor and deliver RMB training.
The RMB program is currently being updated to take account of the introduction of the PGPA Act.
The revised RMB program is expected to be released in late October 2014.
For more information on the RMB training program or the panel of training providers please email Training.Team@finance.gov.au.
Central Budget Management System (CBMS) training provides training for staff of Commonwealth entities who use, or will have to use, the Australian Government's CBMS. Training sessions are scheduled according to the budget process timetable and user demand.
For more information on the CBMS training contact (02) 6215 2205 or CBMSTrainingTeam@finance.gov.au
Finance provides Procurement training to:
- introduce staff of Commonwealth entities to the Government's procurement policy framework and
- provide more specific training for procurement officers and contract managers.
For information on the Procurement training contact email@example.com
Comcover, the Australian Government's general insurance fund, has developed Risk Management Training Courses for staff of Commonwealth entities to promote better practice risk management. Entities can also use Finance's panel of training providers to tailor and deliver risk management training.
For information on the risk management courses (including upcoming training) contact firstname.lastname@example.org.