Reporting and Accounting
This page contains links to the relevant accounting policy and financial reporting requirements for Commonwealth entities and central government reporting. It includes the Financial Reporting Rule (FRR) and related policies and guidance for financial reports.
Accounting reporting policy
- Financial reporting for Commonwealth entities – includes the FRR, summary of changes and exemptions
- PRIMA Documents
- FMOs and PRIMA documents from previous reporting periods
Accounting policy guidance
- Accounting Policy Guides
- Changes to Standards Relevant to 2014–15 Financial Statements
- Changes to Standards Relevant to 2014–15 Financial Statements [ 121 KB]
- Changes to Standards Relevant to 2014–15 Financial Statements (includes Attachment A) [ 284 KB]
- This document will assist entities in disclosing the impact on their financial statements of new accounting standards for 2014–15 and future years, as required by AASB 108 Accounting Policies, Changes in Accounting Estimates and Errors. It will be issued in July each year. Entities are responsible for ensuring that standards that are issued subsequent to this document, but prior to the signing of the financial statements, are disclosed as appropriate.
- Standard Parameters for use in 2014–15 Financial Statements
- Standard Parameters for use in 2014–15 Financial Statements [ 38 KB]
- Standard Parameters for use in 2014–15 Financial Statements [ 37 KB]
- As per Chapter 32 of RMG 125 - Commonwealth Entities Financial Statements Guide, the LSL - Table of Probability Factors and the LSL - Table of Discount Factors will be published on Finance's website no later than July on an annual basis.
- CFO Forum
- Finance uses the CFO Forum email list to communicate accounting and financial reporting updates to Commonwealth entities. Contact CFOForum@finance.gov.au to add representatives from your entity to the mailing list.
Overview of Commonwealth financial reporting
The overview of Commonwealth financial reporting provides an outline of the Commonwealth financial reporting processes and obligations under the PGPA Act and Charter of Budget Honesty Act. The page covers the following topics:
- monthly and annual reporting processes
- consistency and use of accounts
- inter-entity transactions
- functional reporting
- publication standards
- fiscal balance
- underlying cash balance.
Last updated: 06 July 2015