- Resource Management
- About the Department
- Advertising - Campaign and Non-Campaign
- Assurance Reviews and Risk Assessments
- Australian Government Investment Funds
- Central Budget Management System
- Financial Reporting and Accounting Policy
- Land, Property and Asset Management
- Parliamentary Services
- Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management
- Whole of Government Information and Communications Technology
16A. Certain officials appointed under a law to a body - how and when to disclose interests
Guide to this section
The purpose of this section is to ensure that there are consistent requirements for how and when certain officials of Commonwealth entities who are appointed to bodies under a law must disclose material personal interests that relate to the affairs of the entity.
This section is made for paragraph 29(2)(b) of the Act.
(1) This section applies to an official of a Commonwealth entity if:
(a) the official is appointed under a law as a member (an appointed member) of a body (other than a body that is the accountable authority of a Commonwealth entity) that is:
(i) a committee, council or other body; or
(ii) the entity itself; and
(b) all appointed members of the body are officials of the entity; and
(c) the official has a material personal interest that relates to the affairs of the entity.
Requirement to disclose interest
(2) The official must disclose that interest, orally or in writing, to each other appointed member of the body.
(3) The disclosure must include details of:
(a) the nature and extent of the interest; and
(b) how the interest relates to the affairs of the entity.
(4) The official must make the disclosure at a meeting of the appointed members of the body:
(a) as soon as practicable after the official becomes aware of the interest; and
(b) if there is a change in the nature or extent of the interest after the official has disclosed the interest under this section - as soon as practicable after the official becomes aware of that change.
(5) The official must ensure that the disclosure is recorded in the minutes of the meeting.
Last updated: 13 January 2016