- Resource Management
- About the Department
- Advertising - Campaign and Non-Campaign
- Assurance Reviews and Risk Assessments
- Australian Government Investment Funds
- Central Budget Management System
- Financial Reporting and Accounting Policy
- Land, Property and Asset Management
- Parliamentary Services
- Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management
- Whole of Government Information and Communications Technology
11. Recovery of debts
Guide to this section
The purpose of this section is to require accountable authorities of non-corporate Commonwealth entities to pursue the recovery of debts owing to the Commonwealth.
This section is made for paragraph 103(c) of the Act.
The accountable authority of a non-corporate Commonwealth entity must pursue recovery of each debt for which the accountable authority is responsible unless:
(a) the accountable authority considers that it is not economical to pursue recovery of the debt; or
(b) the accountable authority is satisfied that the debt is not legally recoverable; or
(c) the debt has been written off as authorised by an Act.
Last updated: 13 January 2016