- Resource Management
- About the Department
- Advertising - Campaign and Non-Campaign
- Assurance Reviews and Risk Assessments
- Australian Government Investment Funds
- Central Budget Management System
- Financial Reporting and Accounting Policy
- Land, Property and Asset Management
- Parliamentary Services
- Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management
- Whole of Government Information and Communications Technology
Section 15. Duty to govern the Commonwealth entity
(1) The accountable authority of a Commonwealth entity must govern the entity in a way that:
(a) promotes the proper use and management of public resources for which the authority is responsible; and
(b) promotes the achievement of the purposes of the entity; and
(c) promotes the financial sustainability of the entity.
Note: Section 21 (which is about the application of government policy) affects how this duty applies to accountable authorities of non-corporate Commonwealth entities.
(2) In making decisions for the purposes of subsection (1), the accountable authority must take into account the effect of those decisions on public resources generally.
Last updated: 24 November 2016