Review of the Administration of Parliamentary Entitlements
The Department of Finance and Deregulation commissioned a review of the Administration of Parliamentary Entitlements by Ms Helen Williams AO, former Secretary of the Department of Human Services. Ms Williams provided her report to the Department in January 2011.
- Review of the Administration of Parliamentary Entitlements by the Department of Finance and Deregulation [444 KB]
- Review of the Administration of Parliamentary Entitlements by the Department of Finance and Deregulation [1.24 MB]
Ms Williams made recommendations relating to:
- Alternative Service Delivery Models
- Written Guidance on Entitlements
- Communications and Advice
- Improving Accessibility
- Reporting for Management and Accountability
- Balancing Facilitation and Control in Administration
- System Improvements and
- Other Process Improvements
The Department has accepted all of Ms Williams’ recommendations and a timeline of implementation has been developed to track the recommendations. A Special Adviser has been seconded from the Department of Human Services to manage the implementation of the recommendations.
- Implementation dates – Recommendations of the Review of Administration of Ministerial and Parliamentary Services [107 KB]
- Implementation dates – Recommendations of the Review of Administration of Ministerial and Parliamentary Services [85 KB]
Quarterly updates will be published as the Department progresses through implementation of these recommendations.
© Commonwealth of Australia 2010
With the exception of the Commonwealth Coat of Arms, this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia licence (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/au/).
Use of the Coat of Arms
The terms under which the Coat of Arms can be used are detailed on the following website: http://www.itsanhonour.gov.au/coat-arms/. 
Inquiries regarding the licence and any use of this document are welcome at:Director
Communications and Public Affairs
Department of Finance and Deregulation
John Gorton Building King Edward Terrace
Parkes ACT 2600