Commonwealth Property Management Framework
The Commonwealth Property Management Framework (the Property Framework) establishes the principles for the efficient, effective, economical and ethical use of property resources and applies to property leased and owned by Non-corporate Commonwealth Entities (NCEs).
Note: Click on an image for the PDF version
The Property Framework is comprised of a range of policies that apply to different components of the property management process supported by separate guidance material. These include:
- Overview of the Commonwealth Property Management Framework - provides an overview of the Property Framework under which NCEs govern and undertake their own property management.
- Property Management Planning Guidance - assists NCEs to produce property management plans.
- Guidance for the Two Stage Capital Works Approval Process for Australian Government Construction Projects - articulates the Two Stage Capital Works Approval Process and assists NCEs in navigating this process.
- Whole-of-Life Costing for Commonwealth Property Management - provides guidance for entities when estimating whole-of-life costs for property and capital works projects.
- Commonwealth Property Management Framework Lease Endorsement Process - details the requirement and process to seek the endorsement of the Finance Secretary prior to entering into a property lease.
- Funding arrangements for Commonwealth Property - provides guidance on the process to seek funding for Commonwealth property.
- The Flexible and Efficient Workplace Design Guidance – provides guidance to assist Commonwealth entities to incorporate efficient and effective design into their accommodation planning
- The Australian Government Property Data Collection - articulates the Government's reporting requirements for property data.
Further assistance with each element of the Property Framework can be sought through PropertyFramework@finance.gov.au.