The following Commonwealth companies are prescribed as GBEs by section 5(2) of the PGPA Rule:
- ASC Pty Limited
- Australian Rail Track Corporation Limited
- Moorebank Intermodal Company Limited (ACN 161 635 105)
- NBN Co Limited (ACN 136 533 741).
Refer to the GBEs page for further information on the governance of GBEs.
Finance support for other public non-financial corporations
Finance’s Government Businesses and Advice Branch (GBAB) also provides advice to the Government on the following entities which are not prescribed as GBEs:
- Airservices Australia
- Albury-Wodonga Corporation (AWC) – wound up on 31 December 2014
- Australian River Co. Limited (ARCO) – to be wound up by 30 June 2015
- Snowy Hydro Limited
Refer to the GBEs page for further information on GBEs.
The Albury-Wodonga Development Corporation was abolished on 31 December 2014 under the Albury-Wodonga Development Corporation (Abolition) Act 2014. Finance is responsible for managing its residual functions, assets and liabilities including managing the remaining land holdings and continuing to divest properties over time.
As at 30 October 2014, the Albury-Wodonga Development Corporation owned 81 developed residential and industrial lots and 986 hectares of undeveloped land in the region.
In the 2014-15 Budget , the Government made a decision to wind-up the Australian River Co. Limited.
- Statement of Intent [ 53KB]
- Statement of Expectation [ 6KB]
- Public Interest Disclosure Procedures ARCO [ 850KB]
- Annual Report 2009 [ 7MB]
- Annual Report 2009 [ 357 KB]
- Annual Report 2010 [ 1.3 MB]
- Annual Report 2011 [ 1.2 MB]
- Annual Report 2012 [ 1.3 MB]
- Annual Report 2013 [ 1 MB]