Notification of Approaches to the Market
- The Commonwealth Procurement Rules (CPRs) require agencies to publish open approaches to the market on AusTender. Relevant documentation providing information on the request is to be available, to the extent practicable, for download from AusTender.
- Agencies may also choose to publish prequalified tender or limited tender approaches to the market, and to the extent possible, make relevant documentation available.
- For relevant CAC Act bodies the requirement to publish extends only to procurements valued above the relevant thresholds.
- Advertising open approaches to the market through other avenues does not diminish the requirement to publish the approach on AusTender.
- Amendments to an approach to market or request documentation must be made in accordance with the CPRs, including updating the documentation on AusTender.
- In a two-stage process, such as a prequalified tender following an open request for expressions of interest, the first stage (i.e. the open approach to the market) must be published on AusTender and agencies should, to the extent practicable, use AusTender to make request documents available in the second stage.
Contact for information on this page: Procurement Agency Advice
2 July, 2012