News & Events
- Establishment of the Assurance Reviewer Services Multi Use List (7/05/2013)
The Department of Finance and Deregulation (Finance) has established the Australian Government Assurance Reviewer Services Multi Use List (MUL) to prequalify applicants to participate in the Australian Government Assurance Review Process (e.g. Gateway reviews and Implementation Readiness Assessments).
- DesignGov needs you! (30/04/2013)
DesignGov wants to hear from you – your ideas on how to improve interaction with businesses.
- Australian Government Boards  (16/04/2013)
The Government has launched a one-stop website portal to provide information on Australian Government boards.
- Government announces a new regulatory reform package (05/12/2012)
The Government has today announced a package of regulatory reform measures. This includes the Government's Final Response to the Independent Review of the Australian Government's Regulatory Impact Analysis Process (the RIA Review).
- Portfolio Additional Estimates Statements Website update (15/10/2012)
Update to the PAES advice on the Finance website to make it consistent with PAES EM 2011/43. The primary amendment is that agencies are required to post the electronic PAES on their website within a reasonable period of tabling the Bills, but not before the hard copy PAES are tabled.
- Release of the RIA Review and Preliminary Government Response (11/10/2012)
The Independent Review of the Australian Government's Regulatory Impact Analysis Process (the RIA Review) and the preliminary Government response have been released for consultation. Written submissions are sought by Friday 9 November 2012.
- CBMS Industry Briefing - Thursday, 11 October (11/10/2012)
The CBMS Redevelopment Project held an Industry Briefing on Thursday 11 October to engage software suppliers who services to agencies to support the preparation of financial or budget information for entry into CBMS. The Briefing covered the system design and upcoming requirements of the redeveloped CBMS.
- Release of the 2011-12 Final Budget Outcome (FBO) (24/09/2012)
The FBO shows that Australia's public finances remain amongst the strongest in the developed world.
- Updated ICT Two Pass Review Guidance (31/07/2012)
AGIMO has updated Two Pass Review and business case guidance material for agencies, including an ICT Business Case Guide, templates, samples; and revised diagrams that show alignment with other Assurance Review processes. These changes present clearer, more concise guidance for agencies to use for ICT investment activities.
- Whole-of-Australian-Government Phase 2 Travel Services Arrangements – Supplier Announcements (27/07/2012)
On 29 June 2012 the Minister for Finance and Deregulation, Senator The Hon Penny Wong, announced the successful tenderers for the Whole-of-Australian-Government Phase 2 Travel Services Arrangements coordinated procurement.
- Key Infrastructure Project to Boost Productivity (23/4/2012)
A new freight terminal in Sydney's south-west will take 3,300 trucks off Sydney roads every day and create thousands of jobs for the region.
- Commonwealth Financial Accountability Review Discussion Paper Released 27/3/2012
The Commonwealth Financial Accountability Review (CFAR) Discussion Paper, Is Less More? Towards Better Commonwealth Performance has today been released by the Department of Finance and Deregulation.
- Stationery and Office Supplies Whole of Government Panel 7/3/2012
A Whole of Government Stationery and Office Supplies Panel arrangement has been established from 7 March 2012.
- Regulatory Impact Assessment Review - Call for Submissions (10/2/2012)
The Government announced an independent review into its regulatory impact assessment (RIA) process in December 2011. The Joint Review is seeking views from the public on the issues raised in its terms of reference and in general about the functioning of the Australian Government's RIA process. The Joint Review will hold private consultation meetings with business operators, industry groups, representatives from the not-for-profit sector, the Government and the public sector from 14 February to 7 March 2012. Written submissions are invited by 16 March 2012.
What is RSS?
- 2013/03 - Certificate of Compliance – FMA Act Agencies (17/05/13)
The circular provides updated guidance on the annual Certificate of Compliance (Certificate) process for FMA Act agencies.
- 2013-14 Finance and Deregulation Portfolio Budget Statements (14/05/2013)
- Campaign Advertising by Australian Government Departments and Agencies, Half Year Report, 1 July to 31 December 2012 (10/5/2013)
The ninth biannual report on government campaign advertising expenditure has just been released. It details media expenditure for advertising campaigns conducted by government department and agencies that are subject to the Financial Management and Accountability Act 1997. Included in the information are details of expenditure on Indigenous and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse media channels.
- Updated Flipchart of FMA Act and CAC Act Bodies (30/4/2013)
The updated Flipchart of FMA Act and CAC Act bodies reflects the:
- Federal Magistrates Court change of name to the Federal Circuit Court of Australia; and
- cessation of HIH Claims Support Limited.
- Australian Government Monthly Financial Statements February 2013 (12/4/2013)
The underlying cash balance for the 2012-13 financial year to 28 February 2013 was a deficit of $23,646 million compared to the Mid-Year Economic and Fiscal Outlook (MYEFO) profiling Year to Date (YTD) of the underlying cash balance deficit of $17,933 million.
- Australian Government Monthly Financial Statements January 2013 (15/3/2013)
The underlying cash balance for the 2012-13 financial year to 31 January 2013 was a deficit of $26,812 million.
- Australian Government Monthly Financial Statements December 2012 (15/2/2013)
The underlying cash balance for the 2012-13 financial year to 31 December 2012 was a deficit of $22,252 million.
- Australian Government Monthly Financial Statements November 2012 (15/2/2013)
The underlying cash balance for the 2012-13 financial year to 30 November 2012 was a deficit of $17,962 million.
- 2011-12 Certificate of Compliance report to the Parliament (6/2/2013)
Tabled in Parliament on 6 February 2013.
- Australian Government Monthly Financial Statements October 2012 (20/12/2012)
The underlying cash balance for the 2012-13 financial year to 31 October 2012 was a deficit of $12,297 million.
- Australian Government Monthly Financial Statements September 2012 (14/12/2012)
The underlying cash balance for the 2012-13 financial year to 30 September 2012 was a deficit of $18,527 million.
- Members of Parliament (Staff) Act 1984 Annual Report 2011-12 (29/11/2012)
The Members of Parliament (Staff) Act 1984 Annual Report 2011-12 was released today.
- Parliamentarians' Entitlements (29/11/2012)
- Parliamentarians' Expenditure on Entitlements paid by the Department of Finance and Deregulation, Period 1 January to 30 June 2012;
- Former Parliamentarians' Expenditure on Entitlements paid by the Department of Finance and Deregulation, Period 1 January to 30 June 2012; and
- Parliamentarians' Overseas Study Travel Reports, Period 1 January to 30 June 2012.
- Model Chief Executive's Instructions (CEIs)
The updated Model CEIs include the new CEI on procurement and changes to the other CEIs to reflect recent amendments to the Financial Management and Accountability Act 1997.
- Australian Government Monthly Financial Statements July and August 2012 (16/11/2012)
The underlying cash balance for the 2012-13 financial year to 31 August 2012 was a deficit of $7,418 million.
- Finance Circular 2012/03 Payment Terms for Australian Government Travel Arrangements – Card Services (26/10/2012)
This circular sets out the payment terms for the travel and related payment card arrangements established for the Whole-of-Australian-Government travel services. Specifically it reflects contractual arrangements that have taken effect from 2 July 2012.
- Department of Finance and Deregulation 2011-2012 Annual Report (12/10/2012)
The Department of Finance and Deregulation 2011-2012 Annual Report was tabled in Parliament today.
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Parliamentary Budget Office and the Heads of Commonwealth Bodies in relation to the Provision of Information and Documents
The Memorandum of Understanding has been finalised between the Department of the Treasury and the Department of Finance and Deregulation and the Parliamentary Budget Officer in relation to the provision of information and documents to support the functions of the Parliamentary Budget Office.
What is RSS?