Financial Reporting Guidance
The financial reporting output maintains the central accounting and budget estimates system, establishes the accounting and reporting framework for Commonwealth bodies, provides financial tables and statements for budget papers and publishes the Australian Government's consolidated financial statements.
The major activities of this output are:
- Supporting the Minister in meeting his financial reporting responsibilities under the Financial Management and Accountability Act, Charter of Budget Honesty Act and his responsibilities under the Appropriation Acts;
- Maintaining and enhancing the financial reporting framework;
- Facilitating a single, whole-of-government, financial reporting framework;
- Producing financial tables and statements for the Budget, estimates updates and the Final Budget Outcome; and
- Maintaining and improving monitoring and reporting of the Australian Government's cash balances.