Change of Legal Name or Change of other Registration Details
In the case of a legal name change, the ABN will remain unchanged. However, other registration details will need to be changed by following the procedures as outlined below:
- Contact Finance to inform the Department of your proposal. This is to be done by emailing the details to LRB@finance.gov.au.
- Download the 'Change of Registration Details' (Nat 2943) application form  from the ATO's tax website.
- Australian Government agencies can also obtain this form by telephoning the ATO LMG team in Chermside on 1300 130 902.
- Complete the form which is to be signed by the authorised contact person.
- Post the signed form and any other relevant documentation, to the following address:
Business Registration Services
Australian Taxation Office
PO Box 9100
Chermside QLD 4032
- Alternatively, the signed form and other relevant documentation can be faxed to the ATO's LMG team on (07) 3213 8844.
- Email copies to LRB@finance.gov.au.