Overseas Medical and Travel Assistance
Overseas Travel Information Session
Comcover’s Overseas Travel Information session, held at the Department of Finance and Deregulation on Wednesday, 16 May 2012 and Tuesday, 17 July 2012, was designed to assist in the preparation, deployment and management of Overseas Travellers and Expatriates.
Overseas Medical and Travel Assistance Services
Comcover has contracted International SOS (Australasia) Pty Ltd  (Intl.SOS) to provide a 24-hour medical and travel service for Comcover Fund Members while on official travel overseas. This service is available to all Comcover Fund Members.
Intl.SOS can provide a wide range of services for employees travelling overseas on official business including:
- Medical and vaccination advice
- Country-specific medical reports
- Online 'Alert' email newsletter
24/7 overseas support:
- Phone consultations for medical advice and diagnosis
- Access to 27 Intl.SOS owned (western standard) medical clinics
- Doctor and hospital referrals, bookings and case monitoring
- Dispatch of doctors and nurses to crisis situations
- Prescription replacement and hospital/clinic deposit guarantees
24/7 emergency response:
- Emergency medical evacuations and escorted repatriations
- Full case monitoring to resolution and concierge services
Comcover Member Card
Before travelling, employees of Fund Member agencies should obtain a Comcover Member Card. This card should be kept on travellers at all times while overseas as, in the event of an emergency, it will be required by private hospitals and contains key contact and policy information.
To obtain a copy of the Comcover Member Card, please contact your agency's insurance contact or Comcover Member Services.
Intl.SOS has established an exclusive 24/7 hotline for Comcover Fund Members. This hotline can be used for all enquiries and, should it be required, will accept reverse charges from overseas.
For more information on Comcover's Overseas Medical and Travel Assistance services, please contact your CMS Account Manager, visit the Intl.SOS website  or call them directly on +61 (0) 2 9273 2785.
Contact for information on this page: Contact Comcover Member Services