Comcover Training Schedule
Semester One 2013
Comcover's insurance and risk management training program is tailored specifically for Comcover Fund Members. The courses integrate insurance and risk management information, address public sector issues and offer varying levels of specialisation.Â Courses include references to the AS/NZ 31000:2009 Risk Management Standard, and business continuity concepts contained in the ANAO Better Practice Guide, Business Continuity Management - Building resilience in public sector entities.
There are courses targeted at the identified learning needs of:
- newcomers to insurance and risk management roles who require introductory and overview information
- experienced Fund Members who require analytically focused information and technical instruction
- experienced Fund Members who require focused material on a specific topic
The number of places offered for each course is limited. This allows participants greater access to trainer knowledge and encourages active participation by attendees. Comcover courses are provided free of charge to Fund Member agencies who commit to attendance. Demand for courses is high so early registration is recommended. Unless otherwise indicated courses are held in Canberra.
Please note that each course outline also includes a recommendation on the activities you should undertake or documents you should obtain prior to attending the class. These recommendations ensure you and your colleagues get the greatest value from participation in the training.
The program includes the following courses and their approximate time frames.
- Tendering, Contracting and Outsourcing - Risk Analysis and Insurance Issues (currently not scheduled)
- Giving Advice - Risk Analysis and Insurance Issues (currently not scheduled)
- Policy and Project Management (half day)
- Fraud Control (half day)
- Embedding a Risk Management Framework (whole day)
- Business Continuity Management (whole day)
- Indemnities (half day) (dates to be advised)
How to register: a 3-step process
- Identify an appropriate course in response to a recognised learning need. Use the links below to check course aims, content and knowledge.
- Complete the online Online Training Registration Form. Alternatively, download and complete the Training Registration Form [ 120 KB] and send it to Comcover Member Services (CMS) via fax: 02 6219 3099, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also register over the phone by calling 1800 651 540.
- Enter the date into your diary once you have received confirmation of your registration.
After you have sent your completed registration form to CMS, you will receive a confirmation email detailing your registration for a course. This confirmation email will contain the details of your training session, including the date, time, venue, how to prepare for your course (which may include collecting documents from your agency), and a map for easy reference. If you do not receive a confirmation email from CMS, you should contact CMS to check on your booking or to discuss alternatives.
If you have registered for a course, and are consequently unable to attend, you must cancel your registration no later than 24 hours prior to the course. To cancel your registration, please call CMS on 1800 651 540 or email email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can nominate someone else from your agency to attend in your place. Please call CMS on 1800 651 540 to do this.
|Business Continuity Management||Tuesday, 19 March 2013||9:00am – 5:00pm|
|Risk Management Fundamentals||Tuesday, 26 March 2013||9:00am – 5:00pm|
|Embedding a Risk Management Framework||Wednesday, 27 March2013||9:00am – 5:00pm|
|Policy and Project Management||Wednesday, 17 April 2013||9:00am – 12:30pm|
|Fraud Control||Wednesday, 17 April 2013||1:30am – 5:00pm|
|Business Continuity Management||Tuesday, 7 May 2013||9:00am – 5:00pm|
|Risk Management Fundamentals||Friday, 10 May 2013||9:00am – 5:00pm|
|Embedding a Risk Management Framework||Friday, 17 May 2013||9:00am – 5:00pm|
|Policy and Project Management||Friday, 24 May 2013||9:00am – 12:30pm|
|Insurance Overview||Friday, 31 May 2013||9:00am – 5:00pm|
|Risk Management Fundamentals||Tuesday,4 June 2013||9:00am – 5:00pm|
|Embedding a Risk Management Framework||Wednesday, 5 June 2013||9:00pm – 5:00pm|
|Business Continuity Management||Tuesday,11 June 2013||9:00am – 5:00pm|
|Risk Management Fundamentals||Thursday, 20 June 2013||9:00am – 5:00pm|
|Embedding a Risk Management Framework||Wednesday, 26 June 2013||9:00am – 5:00pm|
|Business Continuity Management||Thursday, 27 June 2013||9:00am – 5:00pm|
More informationIf you would like more information on the content of the courses, help in deciding which course is most appropriate to your learning needs, or general assistance with insurance and risk management education, please contact Comcover Member Services on 1800 651 540 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact for information on this page: Contact Comcover Member Services