Risk Potential Assessment Tool General Guidance - Resource Management Guide 107
- RMG-107 Risk Potential Assessment Tool General Guidance [ 658 KB] (Including instructions for completing the tool)
- RMG-107 Risk Potential Assessment Tool General Guidance [ 880 KB] (Including instructions for completing the tool)
- Risk Potential Assessment Tool [ 1.3 MB]
- The Risk Potential Assessment Tool (RPAT) is a template provided to entities to standardise the assessment and presentation of risks in New Policy Proposals (NPPs), to better support Government consideration.
- The RPAT must be completed for each NPP with an estimated financial implication of $30 million or above. Entities may choose to continue using the RPAT for NPPs with financial implications of less than $30 million.
- Where the Level of Risk (before mitigation) is MEDIUM or higher, a copy of the RPAT must be provided by the entity to the relevant Finance Agency Advice Unit (AAU) in Budget Group.
- The Level of Risk will also help determine whether additional assurance such as an Implementation Readiness Assessment or Gateway Review may be required.
Last updated: 27 October 2015