Review Reports by the Independent Communications Committee on Government Advertising Campaigns
The Independent Communications Committee (ICC) was appointed to provide advice to Financial Management and Accountability Act 1997 (FMA Act) agencies in relation to proposed advertising campaigns valued at more than $250,000.
This committee comprised of Dr Allan Hawke AC, Ms Helen Williams AO and Ms Anthea Tinney PSM.
Advertising campaigns with expenditure in excess of $250,000 were considered by the ICC which provided a report to the responsible agency Chief Executive on compliance with key aspects of the previous Guidelines on Information and Advertising Campaigns by Australian Government Departments and Agencies (March 2010).
Agency Chief Executives considered the ICC’s report on compliance before they could certify that a campaign complied with the Guidelines.
The ICC was supported by a Secretariat within the Department of Finance.
Campaign Advertising Reviews
- Attorney-General's Department
- Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
- Australian National Preventive Health Agency
- Australian Organ and Tissue Authority
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission
- Australian Tax Office
- Department of Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy
- Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency
- Department of Defence
- Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations
- Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Department of Health and Ageing
- Department of Immigration and Citizenship
- Department of Industry, Innovation, Climate Change, Science, Research and Tertiary Education
- Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities
- The Treasury