Communications Multi-Use List
The Communications Multi-Use List established by the Department of Finance:
- Must be used by Australian Government departments and agencies covered by the Financial Management and Accountability Act 1997 to select communications consultants for campaigns with expenditure over $250,000;
- Replaces all other procurement mechanisms that departments or agencies may have in place (this includes any panels or multi-use lists); and
- Must not be used to select communications consultants for campaigns with expenditure under $250,000 or for other work not related to a campaign.
The Department of Finance (Finance) manages the whole-of-government Communications Multi-Use List (CMUL) of communications consultants interested in working on Australian Government advertising and information campaigns with expenditure in excess of $250,000.
The CMUL is open to new applicants with experience and expertise in the following five categories:
- Market and social research
- Public relations
- Communicating with Indigenous Australians
- Communicating with people from non-English speaking backgrounds
Inclusion on the CMUL will not constitute a guarantee of work, nor can membership of the list be used to imply that a business is a supplier to government or has any preferred position.
For more information contact the Communications Multi-Use List helpline (02) 6215 2677.