Get to Know Us
The Department of Finance and Deregulation (Finance), is one of the Australian Government’s central agencies. We help the Government to shape and deliver its agenda, particularly in relation to the budget and spending, better practice regulation and the operation of the Government.
We provide high quality, strategic policy and fiscal advice to support government decision-making and improved Australian Government financial management.
We deliver professional support services to our Ministers, Parliamentarians and their staff, and the government as a whole.
What do we do?
Essential services delivered by Finance include:
- supporting the delivery of the Australian Government Budget
- ongoing management of the Australian Government’s non-defence domestic property portfolio and key asset sales
- responsibility for the Australian Government's deregulation agenda
- managing the financial framework for Australian Government Agencies
- providing entitlements advice and support to Parliamentarians and their employees
- maintaining shareholder oversight for Government Business Enterprises
- providing general insurance services to Government Agencies and promoting improved risk management
- providing strategic advice, guidance and service provision to Government for the productive application of new and existing information and communication technologies
Contact for information on this page: Recruitment Programs