Our Graduate Programme
We offer Australia's best and brightest graduates a challenging and rewarding start to their careers.
What can you expect?
As part of our award winning programme, you will:
- Make a real contribution from day one: You will assist the government by providing high quality advice and services over a wide range of policy and programme areas.
- Receive a competitive starting salary: You will join as an ongoing employee at the APS3 level and be paid $58,462 plus 15.4 per cent superannuation. You will also have the opportunity to apply for promotion to the APS4 and APS5 levels during your graduate year.*
- Participate in learning and development opportunities: You'll be given lots of quality training throughout your graduate year and beyond.
- Be supported: You'll be assigned a mentor and a buddy who will ease your transition to Finance. You'll also network with senior leaders and graduates from other agencies, and meet our portfolio ministers.
- Be invited to join our networks: Finance has a range of established networks including a social club, Women's Network, Young Leaders' Network, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Staff Network and Diversity Network.
- Have access to a range of facilities and networks: Finance is committed to looking after its employees and you'll have access to an onsite gym, exercise classes and health programmes.
CPA (Certified Practicing Accountant) Recognition
Finance is accredited as a CPA Australia Recognised Employer to the Knowledge Level, the highest level. Finance was the first public sector employer in the ACT to gain this accreditation. This provides our finance and accounting staff that have a business requirement for a CPA qualification with resources and guidance to assist them.
CPA participants also benefit by having a simple alternative method to demonstrate adherence to the CPA program’s practical experience requirement and to demonstrate adherence to minimum continuing professional development standards. These are both mandatory components of the award.
*A new enterprise agreement outlining ongoing salary and working conditions is currently being negotiated.