What Can You Offer Finance as a Graduate?
At the Department of Finance, we work on many aspects of the government's agenda, increasingly through a project based model. To support this, we are looking for high-calibre, ambitious graduates with a broad range of qualifications and experiences, including in the following disciplines:
- Information Communications Technology
We are looking for graduates who are responsive, comfortable with change, who want to be challenged and work in a flexible and fast paced environment, demonstrating a desire to learn and who have the right attitude. Some of the main skills we look for in our graduates are:
- ability to think critically
- strong research and analysis skills
- ability to work as part of a team
- strong communication skills
- ability to think outside of the square and to be creative
- attention to detail and accuracy
- good judgement.
We strive for and celebrate diversity in our workforce. We believe that our employees, with their diverse skills, languages and backgrounds, are our richest asset and we encourage applicants from all sectors of the community to apply for a position with us.
Are you eligible to apply?
In order to apply for our Graduate Program you must:
- be an Australian citizen, or going to be granted Australian citizenship before commencement and be able to provide evidence of this
- have maintained at least a credit average throughout your university degree
- be completing your final year of study or have completed your degree in the last five years
- be willing to relocate to Canberra
Last updated: 16 March 2016