Joining the Department of Finance (Finance) is a great way to make your mark, build professional skills and contribute to key Government priorities.
Our approach to recruitment is straightforward: we are active in seeking talented individuals who are open minded to possibilities, such as economists, accountants, financial analysts as well as a host of other occupations including public policy, administration and social sciences.
We also have an active graduate program based on our belief that fresh ideas and new ways of thinking add tremendous value to our organisation.
Positions within Finance are attractive with good reason:
- challenging work;
- generous starting salaries;
- innovative development opportunities; and
- much, much more.
The terms and conditions of employment in Finance are addressed in Working at Finance
View all Current Vacancies in the Department of Finance (Finance).
Why work on the Federal Budget? Opportunities exist for motivated, creative and talented people to join Budget & Financial Reporting at various levels.
Please read the Applicant Information Package before submitting your application. This will help ensure that your application contains all relevant information and that you fully understand the way the Department considers applications.
COMCAR Employment Opportunities
- COMCAR Casual Driver – APS Level 2
- Applications for COMCAR Casual Driver positions are now closed.
- COMCAR Casual Reservations Officer – APS Level 3
- Applications for COMCAR Casual Reservations Officer positions are now closed.
- COMCAR Casual Allocations Officer – APS Level 4
- Applications for COMCAR Casual Allocations Officer positions are now closed.
Further information about Driving Opportunities at COMCAR is now available.
For information about the Graduate Programme, please visit the Graduate Programme homepage.
Career Starters Programme
For information about the Career Starter Programme please visit the Career Starter Programme homepage.
Diversity in Finance
Finance is an inclusive organisation in which diverse skills, perspectives and backgrounds are appreciated, valued and utilised.
Finance has implemented a Diversity Strategy 2013-2015 which aims to increase representation and support for the following diversity groups:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples;
- people with disability; and
- women in senior management.
Last updated: 06 October 2015